“Toronto Works for Haiti” – We are a group of concerned Torontonians offering professional services in exchange for donations to support disaster relief efforts in Haiti.
- Are you looking for more ways to help the disaster relief operations in Haiti?
- Small businesses: Are you looking for professional services?
- Volunteers: Do you have any professional skill sets to volunteer?
Millions of Haitians are in urgent need of help. Do you have projects that require a quick turnaround time (less than a week)? We are a co-operative network looking for more ways to help the people in Haiti. We want to volunteer our services and time in exchange for your donation to support the disaster relief efforts in Haiti. We are also looking for more people providing a variety of services through friends, LinkedIn contacts, and university alumni in exchange for their donation.
We will not charge administrative cost.
- Targeting local businesses in the Greater Toronto Area.
Currently we are offering services in the following areas:
- Print design
- Web design
- Editing services
- Party planning
- Catering services
- Family meal planning
- Personal shopping
- Valentine’s day planning
- Baby sitting
- Can offer more as we have more volunteers.
How it works:
- For every hour of service, we ask you make a donation to any of the following organizations: Canadian Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, or Humanitarian Coalition.
- Our targeted donation is $5,000 CAD in 30 days. Since the Canadian government will match dollar to dollar, this will bring our total donation to $10,000.
A call also goes out for volunteers in any services or help you would like to offer. We are looking for diverse skill sets and are not limited to the aforementioned list.
- It’s an opportunity to help
- It’s an opportunity to create a larger donation from Canada
- It’s an opportunity to network with like-minded individuals
Contact us today!
1) Please contact us with a specific help that you are looking for.
2) Our volunteer will contact you to confirm availability, scope of work, and the estimated hours of services. A copy of service agreement will be provided upon approval.
3) Once we receive the signed service agreement, we will provide you the contact information of the volunteer and he/she will contact you.
4) Upon work completion, we ask that you make a donation within 24 hours and send us a copy of the receipt.
5) If receipt not submitted, a reminder will be sent every 2 days. Clients will be blacklisted after 7 days and published on the website.
1) Please complete a volunteer form with your name, contact info, your skills set, and your availability. We ask all our volunteers must be able to commit at least 7 hours per week.
2) We ask our volunteers to submit a time sheet after completion of each project.